Shredded Chicken Burger
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- Big handful of chopped Lettuce Leaves
- Handful of slice Mozzarella Cheese (8 slices)
- Handful of a smoky cheese - I used
- Red Leicester Cheese
- 2 Seeded Ciabatta Rolls or normal seeded Rolls
- Handful of chopped Red Onion
- 1 Heaped dessert spoon Full fat Mayonnaise
- 1 Chopped Garlic Clove
- 1 Chopped Red Chilli - remove the seeds if you don’t like it spicy
- Salt, Black Pepper, Thyme, Rosemary, Smoked Paprika - about a teaspoon of each
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine - optional but does create a beautiful flavour
- 1 Dessert spoon Tomato Puree
LETS GET COOKING
- Add some extra virgin olive oil into a deep medium size saucepan and a dessert spoon of unsalted butter or coconut oil. Place on a medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the red onion, fry for 3 minutes and then add in the garlic and red chilli. Give a good stir and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now add in the chicken thighs, give a stir and then season with salt, black pepper, rosemary, thyme and cover with smoked paprika. Stir well.
- Fry the chicken for 10 minutes until it goes a bit brown, then add in the red wine, stir well and fry for 6 more minutes until the sauce thickens. In the video I scrape the bottom of the dish with the wooden spoon, this releases the sticky ingredients and creates amazing flavour. You won’t be able to get it all off the bottom of the dish.
- Now add in boiled water and cover most of the chicken, again stir very well and scrape the bottom of the dish again with the wooden spoon.
- Turn down the heat to low. Place the lid on top and let the dish simmer for 10 minutes, then add in the tomato puree and give a very good stir. This is the most important part, make sure to have a look at the dish every 10 minutes, once the sauce is thick and nearly gone, add in a little bit more water, scrape the bottom of the dish with the spoon again and stir well. In the video I do this quite a few times until the chicken starts breaking into pieces and the meat falls off the bones. It takes about 1 hour until the meat is very soft. Keep going until it looks like the end result in my video. When the dish is ready, there should only be a small amount of sauce remaining.
COOKING VIDEO - The video is based on 10 chicken thighs and will include more ingredients than what I’ve listed below. Use the video as a step-by-step guide to help you cook this amazing dish.