Chicken Thigh & Avocado Salad
- 2 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Medium sliced Avocado
- 1 Dessert spoon chopped Red Pepper or Sweet Red Pepper
- 1 Dessert spoon roasted Pine Nuts - optional
- Handful of mixed Salad Leaves
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon
- 1/2 Chopped Garlic Clove
LET’S GET COOKING
- Place a medium size frying pan over a medium heat and add in 1 dessert spoon unsalted butter or coconut oil. Once melted, add in the chicken, season with salt and black pepper and fry for 6 minutes, turn over every minute and then add in the garlic. Drizzle over the lemon juice and fry for another 6 minutes until the chicken goes golden brown. Turn the thighs over every 2 minutes. Tip - Let the chicken cool down a bit before serving up, it will have more flavour. Make sure to pour the sauce from the pan over the chicken.
- Place a small frying pan over a medium heat and add in the pine nuts, roast them for 1 minute before they start to burn.
- Time to serve up. Place the salad leaves on the plate and top with the avocado, the red pepper and the pine nuts. Finally place the chicken on the plate and drizzle over some more lemon juice for extra flavour.